La comunicación en la red de pacientes con enfermedades raras en España

Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/10045/51624
Información del item - Informació de l'item - Item information
Title: La comunicación en la red de pacientes con enfermedades raras en España
Other Titles: Online communication of patients with rare diseases in Spain
Authors: Castillo, Antonio | López Villafranca, Paloma | Carretón-Ballester, Carmen
Research Group/s: Relaciones Públicas y Comunicación Empresarial
Center, Department or Service: Universidad de Alicante. Departamento de Comunicación y Psicología Social
Keywords: Enfermedades raras | Salud 2.0 | Web | Blog | Redes sociales | Herramientas de comunicación | Rare diseases | Health 2.0 | Social networks | Communication tools
Knowledge Area: Comunicación Audiovisual y Publicidad
Issue Date: 6-Nov-2015
Publisher: Universidad de La Laguna. Laboratorio de Tecnologías de la Información y Nuevos Análisis de Comunicación Social
Citation: Revista Latina de Comunicación Social. 2015, 70: 673-688. doi:10.4185/RLCS-2015-1065
Abstract: Introducción: Este estudio se centra en la estrategia de comunicación de las organizaciones de pacientes con enfermedades raras en internet. Objetivo: Analizar la utilización de las herramientas de comunicación en internet. Métodos: Se examinaron 143 organizaciones de pacientes nacionales. Se ha realizado un análisis de contenido de cada una de las webs de las organizaciones, redes sociales y blogs. Y se han llevado a cabo encuestas telefónicas a 90 organizaciones con las que se contactó, el 63% del total. Resultados: El 84% de las web está gestionada por miembros de las organizaciones sin formación específica y el 16% por profesionales. Se dirigen en la misma proporción a pacientes y allegados que al resto de la población, pero no utilizan herramientas que les permitan una comunicación más fluida. Discusión y Conclusiones: Los resultados muestran la necesidad de contar con personal especializado y con espacios habilitados en la red para comunicarse con el resto de la población. | Introduction: This article presents the results of a study of the communication strategies used by organisations of patients with rare diseases on the internet. Objective: Identify the communication tools these organisations use in the internet to gain social and media visibility and to enable interaction between patients and families. Methods: The study is based on the content analysis of the websites, social networks and blogs of 143 national organisations of patients with rare diseases. In addition, 90 organisations of patients with rare diseases, which represented 63% of the sample of institutions, were interviewed via telephone. Results: 84% of the websites are managed by the organisations’ members, who lack specific training, and only the rest, 16%, are managed by professionals. The communication carried out on the internet by these organisations, be it on websites, social networks or blogs, target patients and their loved ones as well as the rest of the population with similar intensity. However, these organisations do not use tools that enable a more fluid communication for their members. Discussion and Conclusions: The results highlight the need for specialised staff and online spaces to communicate with media professionals and the rest of the population.
URI: http://hdl.handle.net/10045/51624
ISSN: 1138-5820
DOI: 10.4185/RLCS-2015-1065 | 10.4185/RLCS-2015-1065en
Language: spa | eng
Type: info:eu-repo/semantics/article
Rights: Licencia Creative Commons Reconocimiento-NoComercial-SinObraDerivada 4.0
Peer Review: si
Publisher version: http://dx.doi.org/10.4185/RLCS-2015-1065
Appears in Collections:INV - RRPP - Artículos de Revistas

Files in This Item:
Files in This Item:
File Description SizeFormat 
Thumbnail2015_Castillo_etal_RLCS.pdfEspañol580,73 kBAdobe PDFOpen Preview
Thumbnail2015_Castillo_etal_RLCS_eng.pdfEnglish577 kBAdobe PDFOpen Preview


This item is licensed under a Creative Commons License Creative Commons